Thursday, July 7, 2011

A Man Of Means

I am now a man of means! I have a job in Sioux Falls even before I get there! Starting August 22. We get there July 15. Talk about taking a load off my mind. Applying online for jobs 15-hundred miles away is a challenging occupation, but in this case, there was a difference. In our last scouting trip to Sioux Falls, I met a guy who knew a gal who was in charge of hiring at a certain company and he trusted me with her name and number. A combination of phone calls, e-mails, applying online, phone interviews and lots of prayer got me the job. Never give up. Get your face...or at least your voice...in front of the decision makers somehow. It can be done even if you are 15-hundred miles away. And dont stop praying.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations Mark!! You're off and running!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I stumbled across this site. I hope you're still monitoring it. I'm in the process of relocating from western PA to Sioux Falls. Like you, I'll be seeking employment. I just turned 60, so I know it won't be easy. Any words of advice. Here's a link to my LinkedIn profile.

    https://www.linkedin.com/in/hubbardzachary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgot to mention that my wife an I used to live in Yorktown, VA.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you are still doing well iin Sioux Falls, Mark. I'm still with West Virginia Public Broadcasting.

    ReplyDelete