Tuesday, July 12, 2011

We're Off!

We are off to Sioux Falls! Many friends helped us pack the U-haul. Many hands make light work. The packing job took hours less than planned.
I'm towing our little Kia and Kay my wife is following in the mini-van. My u-haul only gets about ten mpg. Chugging up the mountains of Virginia and West Virginia, the pedal to the metal, barely making 50! Tuckered out. Stopping at a motel in Covington VA, weaving the truck and towed car through the thin parking lot, only to be told by the desk clerk that there is a separate entrance for trucks. A great employee named Steve, even though his shirt said Mike, guided me perfectly to the location. I tried to get him a pay raise. No dice.
Slept like a baby.
Now off on the road again through West Virginia. Next Stop - hopefully - somewhere in Kentucky or Southern Indiana.

No comments:

Post a Comment